Shopping Cart Contents
Haglöf Vertex Laser VL402 Hypsometer
Breaking the barrier between laser and ultrasonic
- Combining the best measuring technologies in one compact ultra light instrument! Giving you the accurate results you need for distance, height and angle at the speed of light! With field operators and foresters special requirements in mind, the Vertex Laser is designed in a rugged and lightweight construction. With simple operation and flexible use, it offers very accurate measuring results on distance, horizontal distance, angle and height. The combined Vertex Laser instrument allows measuring work in all types of terrain and surroundings. Dense forest and difficulty to target - use the ultrasonic Vertex. Clear sight and longer distances - use the laser! With various options to get the height and distance results you need, you are always prepared with the Vertex Laser!
Ultrasound and laser technology
- With the proven accuracy of the new Vertex hypsometer and the advantages and speed of laser technology, this multi-functioning instrument is the only device you will need for your height, distance and angle measuring work. The pioneering technology makes field operation measuring work faster and more efficient than ever before, offering significant time and cost savings, improving the result accuracy and increasing productivity. Depending on the working conditions, you are able to choose between measuring with the laser or the ultrasound technology. If a clear line of sight is available to the target, the laser can be used. If undergrowth is thick and vegetation is dense, use the Vertex ultrasound instead! Save time, money, carrying space and perform your most accurate and efficient measuring work ever! Water resistant and with the automatic "Rain Mode", providing secure measuring results also in rain, the new Vertex Laser is developed to meet the harsh realities of daily forest and field work
Making field inventories
- Working in the forest means finding yourself in many different types of surroundings and weather conditions. Sometimes you'll have a clear line of sight to the measuring object - use the 1-point measuring with laser and get the fastest possible height results. Your target may be visible but leaning and not horizontally aligned - this is the ideal situation for the 2- or 3-point measuring with laser. You come to an area where undergrowth prevents you from seeing the base of the tree and you have difficulties to spot the target tree among other trees - the Vertex ultrasound will be perfect for this operation. Place the T3 transponder on the target tree, step back until you see the top, aim towards the top with the cross hair sight - and the total height is displayed!
- Trees covering other trees - that is forest, and the forest is your worksite! Measuring or even estimating the tree diameter is difficult when sighting is poor. Now, with the Vertex built-in BAF function, the minimum tree diameter for tree to be included in the point can be featured. Just stand by the tree and measure the distance to the reference point using Vertex ultrasound technology
Measuring power lines
- Our most asked for product improvement is now a fact. With the Vertex Laser, you will get the accurate power line measurements you need. Use the 1-point measuring with laser to get the distance and angle to the top - and the height is instantly displayed. Perfect for hazardless detecting of line sags, with higher precision and much quicker results!
Power line sag
- The VL402 now incorporates a power line sag mode (delta height function), which is ideal for measuring the sag in high voltage power lines!
Long distance measuring
- The Vertex Laser is ideal for measuring out longer distances - up to 400 meters/yards! With a reflector you can even measure distances as far as up to 900 meters/yards!
Two aiming sights for improved results
- One of the great advantages with the Vertex Laser is its two aiming sights. The Vertex red cross hair sight has a 1-time magnification and works for all shorter-range distances, and is often chosen for angle measuring. The Laser sight magnifies the object 8-times, to simplify measuring of distant objects. Either sight can be chosen depending the situation since they are aligned
Laser scan mode
- For objects that are distant or narrow - for example power-lines, the Laser scan-mode is perfect. Keeping the power-key pressed, the instrument will perform a multiple measuring operation, until you find the right position for the accurate results you need
- Measuring distances and heights in English or metric, with angle results displayed in degrees, gradients or percent grade, the Vertex Laser instrument is truly flexible and useful for all field-measuring operations
Transfer of results
- Ability to use IR or Bluetooth® to send the measured results to a computer caliper or other handheld for storage and further processing
Hazard Trees Function
- Identifying and measuring hazard trees alongside power lines, building sites, houses, roads and railways is an important task and made easy with the New Hazard Trees function in the new Vertex Laser VL402
- Download Vertex Laser Brochure
- Download Vertex Laser Manual